Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tagged by Pam...

I'm so sorry it's taken me soooo long to do this Pam! Here goes...

20 years ago I was 9 and living in Maine. I don't remember too much other than I played soccer, basketball, and softball. One fun thing I remember from that time is that my friends and I use to ride our bikes all around our neighborhood all summer, and in the afternoons we would try to find the ice cream truck by following the music. For some reason that was really fun!

10 years ago I had lived in AZ for about 2 1/2 years. Nate and I had been dating for about 8 months and I was going to MCC in preparation of getting in to ASU for Sports Marketing. I had become a Christian about 3 1/2 years prior while living in Maine, and was now going to Grace Community Church in Tempe. Although not growing a lot at that point, God was preparing Nate and I for a church move. It was at that new church that God really started to draw me closer to Him! Other than that we pretty much just hung out w/our friends ALL the time, playing volleyball or going to coffee. I was working at an apartment community, the first of many! ...and had just moved out on my own for the first time!

5 years ago I had been married to Nate for 2 1/2 years and we lived in, what was then, a little town called Higley (which I think is now just part of Gilbert). At this point we had both of our pups, Tyson & Bailey. I was working at University of Phoenix Online as an Admissions Counselor. Nate and I were at East Valley Bible Church Tempe. No babies yet, but just wait until the next section. ;)

3 years ago we were about to welcome our first baby...Alyssa Joy! (it'll be 3 years in exactly 1 week) Nate was in Japan for work and got back home with 4 days to spare! I quit Univ. of Phoenix this week...which was WONDERFUL! We had been in the house that we are currently in for about a year at this point and Nate had been at Nissan for a little over a year.

1 year ago we had a beautiful 10 week old baby girl and we were preparing to go on an amazing family vacation to New England...most of the time spent in Maine. We spent lots of time on the beach, watching the ocean, and of course eating LOTS of LOBSTER!!! :)

Today I started the day reading at Starbuck's and am now enjoying watching LOTS of football (GO CARDS!) and can't wait until church tonight, where for the first time Alyssa will be able to come to worship with us before going to her big girl class! :)

Tomorrow the girls and I will be going to story time and then when Daddy gets home we're going over a friend's house for dinner and Monday Night Football! :) It should be a great Monday!

Next year I have no idea where we'll be or what we'll be doing??? My plan is that Alyssa will start preschool, but we'll have to wait and see what God has planned for us. Nate would love to move to another country w/his job one day (sooner than later), but I'm not sure when or if that will happen. After working on my first lesson from Bible Study Fellowship this week I am reminded that God knows the plans for all the days of our lives...and am sooo comforted that He is in control and not me!

I tag Theresa, Melissa, Andrea, Sarah, Michelle, and Lexi!

2 comments:

Filleman Family said...

First of all - THANKS for the tag (said with sarcasm) :)

Second - what ?? about the other country move . . are you kidding me? that is not on the "everyone stays in AZ plan" that I am so comfortable with. I guess it IS a good thing God is in control not me - go reminder.

Pam said...

Great post!!