Monday, September 15, 2008

Blessed be Your Name!


I love this song so much...even though it is hard to apply in tough situations:

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name


So today I decided to let Emi bring Alyssa's Cabbage Patch baby (Haylee), that she got when Emi was born, in to a restaurant for lunch. Well...it didn't end up back in the car with us. :( I went back to the place we ate and all the surrounding restaurants (just in case it had dropped on the way in), but no luck! Alyssa cried all the way home, saying "baby Haylee, I want baby Haylee!"...it was very sad! It was such a great opportunity to teach her these precious words though. Although...she responded just like I have so many times in the past! I told her God gives us things, that we don't deserve, and we need to say "Thank you!" ...but then He can also take them away and we need to be okay with that even though it is sad sometimes. And to that she said, "I don't like that!" (Oh how I have felt the same way so many times!) ...but we did continue in our conversation and she was able to finally tell God thank you for the time that she had with Haylee and ask that He please help her find Haylee. (through the tears that is!)

4 comments:

Elliott Downing said...

jen - its so awesome to hear your love for God through what you are teaching your kids - what an encouragement!

Amy said...

Awwwww! That is so sweet. I would have gotten the same response if Trey's Transformer was left somewhere!

Alyson said...

Oh that is so sad. I remember when we left DJ's blankie at Home Depot. To this day he wants to ask the cashier if they have it. I told him that another little boy needed it to keep them safe. He's a bit more ok with it but would still like it back. LOL! :)

Anonymous said...

That breaks my heart!!! What a good time for teaching, though.