Friday, July 4, 2008

Yarley...


Yarley is Alyssa's new 'friend'. He's pretend, just in case you were wondering who in the world would name their child YARLEY! ;) It took me a long time to realize what she was talking about...or in this case WHO she was talking about. She would just walk around the house saying, "Yarley, Yarley, Yarrrleeey." I was like okay, I have NO idea what you're saying, but whatever you sound so cute while saying it. Anyways, finally she told me that Yarley was sick...and I realized she had made up her first pretend friend. :)

It was so funny...today while we were driving Nate asked, "how is Yarley feeling" and she said, "he's still sick." Nate asked if he had gone to the dr.'s yet and she said, "yes." He said, "well, what did he say?" ...and she said, "the dr. said 'NO - MORE - JUMPING - ON - THE - BED!'" (I guess we've read "5 Little Monkeys" a few too times) ;)


***This picture has nothing to do with 'Yarley', but it shows Alyssa's crazy 'Say Cheese' smile so perfectly I wanted to share it with you all. :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

I wonder if Yarley will come to play group? Can't wait to meet him/her Alyssa!

Theresa said...

That is hilarious! Michael's special friend was/is Akey (sp?) Mike asks him occasionally whatever happened to him, and just recently we were driving somewhere in the car and Michael said, " I wonder if Akey's going to be there..." We crack up, of course without him knowing!