Wednesday, July 23, 2008

1 Cor. 10:31

One of our elders e-mailed this out yesterday and it is just what I need to hear. God has been convicting me lately of some things re: how I spend my time (tv, etc.) and this spoke right to me! I wanted to share it with you all.

(J. R. Miller, "In Green Pastures")

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do--do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

Amusements are proper, both as to kind and degree--just so far as they make us better Christians. Whenever they become hindrances to us in our Christian living or in our holy walk--they are harmful, however innocent they may be in themselves.
How do your amusements influence your spiritual life? They may be very pleasing to you. They may afford great gratification. But what is their effect on you, as a Christian? Are they hindering your love for Christ, and your growth in grace? We ought to be honest enough with ourselves, to answer these questions truthfully, and then act accordingly.

No comments: